Saturday, March 10, 2012

HelenMarka. About me

Published at www.artdekor.blogspot.com on 06.10.2010



Cobbles, the smell of varnish and oil paints. Around
me there is a lot of inordinately "treasures of inspiration". Kiev, Ukraine, “Andreevski spusk”.
And I'm still a schoolgirl. Paradoxically,
but I started to do decorative things because I could not buy beautiful decorative stuff.
Uff…I love everything beautiful :).  

So I returned home and began to create all sorts
of panels using the materials at hand.  I
was also inspired by the woods, where a lot of the material for creativity can be found!
And then everything rolled-went.

I just looked around, and began to think how I can
achieve what I want using only what I have.
My
family often moved from one place to another. Probably that is why we permanently
didn’t have vases for flowers.
Nevertheless,
there were bottles, which I could decorate with cereals, dried flowers and seashells. 


And then three years ago, I accidentally found the
store of art materials at Andreevski spusk.
It
was a bomb that exploded in me. It was my first acquaintance with contemporary art materials.
How
many hidden opportunities in each bottle with a mysterious medium!
At the same time workshops organizer saw my art works and offered me to teach master classes. 


And then everything ebulliated. I shared my experiences
and, of course, experimented.
It’s incredibly interesting for me to explore different artistic materials and their capabilities. Currently
a huge variety of art materials for traditional and new decorating techniques appear on the market.
I can’t stop and decorate everything: fabric, wood, glass, plastic - all I see. I work on  glass paintings, decoupage, craquelure (all species), patina, etc. 

I continue to use the at hand materials! Each
of the approaches I try to develop and select materials with characteristics that are best to submit an idea.
To decorate I use a proven and very good French, Italian and German materials. Moreover, I try to combine completely different techniques and create new and unexpected effects. It motivates me a sense of gambling! Sure: glass and cereals, dried flowers and stained glass, patina (the effect of metal oxide) and the fabric, and many other. 


I am very inspired by workshops of foreign masters. They push the mind, give courage to the experiments. A huge thanks to my gurus Leticia Barbieri, Denise Crolle-Terzaghi, and, of course, Vyacheslav Rode who’s close in spirit experimenter!


A lot of decorative ideas swarm in my head. Now I try to send my forces to the utilitarian things. I want people enjoy my creations using them. I was happy to watch, as my author's stylish art works transformed their owners. That is because in fact any thing that I create is the fruit of irresistible inspiration, which I want to share with others very much! Actually, this inspiration is hidden in all things under my brand «HelenMarka.»!

No comments:

Post a Comment