Saturday, March 10, 2012

My participation in the "create clothes collection during 24 hours"

Published at www.artdekor.blogspot.com on 28.09.2010 



To begin with, I really liked the project's banner!


This article is about how I was involved in an incredibly fabulous project "EtnoKoZa24"!

My role was to be a painter-decorator, images creator, and even sometimes thus a stopper, who helps designers to stop their violent fantasies in time :)



It all started with a discussion and development of the concept. So, in that photo we vigorously develop it ... develop, make sketches,

see a whole slew of different fabrics and souvenirs, and come to the conclusion that our concept will be called :

"Ethnic euphoria or space outside!"

As you might guess, no restrictions. However, except for two things: not to engage in the restoration of Ukrainian ethno-image and do not indulge in histrionics.

And, finally, work has begun to boil!

We worked together with designer Pauline Weller, who has developed such an image:


and my task was to create huge crazy earrings and bracelet.

In the huge hall of the "Lavra" gallery I searched for a firm basis for crazy earrings. And thanks God I found it: a box from pizza :)

after cutting out the egg shape basis for earrings, I began to refine the edges by the red tape. Thanks much to Kolomiets Nadya - she helped me in the most dreary work :)




Than at least, my favorite part of the work came. Painting! I used the French acrylic
paints on fabric

Lefranc & Bourgeois





At first I couldn’t figure out what color except the red (a prerequisite designer) should
I use for Pysanka. Only red is boring ...

Oh, and here the artist is caught in the process :)

So, while I was thinking I have decided to paint the second earring. I used white color in order red was bright and noticeable, as dark denim fabric absorbs the color.


The painting is a very meticulous work, requires much time. When I was tired, and raised my eyes, I saw this inspiring pictures:



Pauline is at the typewriter. She created a patchwork skirt.
Also I inspired the designer Marina Povoroznyuk, which had made this wonderful corset, and draw the daisies :)

To return to our sheeps: the final product with earring fixtures. Pauline Weller loved it!

In the end, decided to stay on the white and red. The drawing was traced in 3 layers of paint to have brightness. The picture was painted after traditional pysanki. But these colors remind the British flag, isn't it? Here is the unity of nations!

But my job, of course, did not stop :)

I had a task for another image. I had to paint brightly the dress belt, Basing on of Mary Prymachenko picture.

 
Artist Svetlana Afonina painted a wonderful dress:



By 3 AM I finally done everything:
And went to sleep


The long-awaited morning! A magical moment! The emergence of models, costumes, realistic images!



We are preparing for photo shoots:




Here is Pauline - designer and model in one person:


Finally I saw the dress for which I worked through all the night! An incredible feeling!



And then the photographer woke up inside of me. I could not resist such vivid images!

Here are my favorite moments :)









phone conversation of our "EtnoKoZa24":

No comments:

Post a Comment